When it comes to upper body workouts, most of the trainees are mainly concerned with chest and how much they can bench press.But if you are after a better physical appearance, broad shoulders should be your priority. Broad shoulders make you look more fit and powerful, and are a characteristic that many men want, but few have.
Besides when you put a shirt on, no one can how big your chest is but they certainly spot massive shoulders. Also as I said, broad shoulder will make you more athletic an thinner.The higher your “shoulders to waist” ratio the fitter you will look.Sadly, only a small percent of people really know how the shoulders are built, how they function and how to train them properly.
- Lateral shoulder head – this is the part that is responsible for moving the arms sideways and the one that contributes the most to shoulder width.Two-time Mr. Olympia Larry Scott is a prefect example of how you can build broad shoulders with proper training and determination.
- Anterior shoulder head – although the lateral head is the one that makes your shoulders look wider, it almost always stays underworked.That honor has the anterior head.It is the most worked (and probably even overworked) shoulder head.This happens from all the bench pressing, shoulder pressing and dips.
- But probably the most underworked head is the posterior shoulder head.This head is extremely important in developing that “broad shoulders” look and depth in the shoulder region, because without it the shoulder will appear flat from the side.
So if you want to build wider shoulders you should mainly concentrate on the lateral an posterior head.There are three exercises that will develop these two shoulder heads and help you build broad shoulders.
2. Side laterals 3 x 10 reps
3. Rear delt raise 3 x 10 reps